The One with Oatmeal Pancakes
Sometimes it can be difficult to find a scrumptious and nutritious easy-to-make breakfast. There’s the usual go-to options like oats or avocado on toast, but the simplicity in this recipe can really spice up your weekend! This is the beginning of what I hope can be a guide to healthier eating. With recipes this quick and easy, it won’t be long till we have a few recipes under our sleeves.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quick or rolled oats
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon honey
1 to 1.5 cups soy (or skim) milk depending on preferred consistency of pancakes
1 banana diced
Cooking spray for pan
¼ cups almonds
1 banana sliced
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, egg, cinnamon and honey. Stir in the milk to the desired consistency then stir in the bananas
2. Place a pan on medium heat. After spraying the pan, pour batter into 4-inch diametre circles.
3. While the pancakes are cooking, roughly chop the almonds.
4. Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip them and cook for another minute or so, until golden brown.
5. Serve pancakes with sliced bananas and chopped almonds. I found honey or maple syrup to be a delicious addition.