The One Where Stayc Tries to be Healthy
I have really fallen in love with the recipes found on green evi. I feel as though I don’t consume as many greens as I should, and it can be hard to find a salad that gets you excited. Then I came across this beauty, not only is it packed with flavour it’s vegan (please don’t close this page!). Composed of so many great ingredients it is quite filling. You could always top it off with crispy pancetta or grilled salmon of course!
You will need:
1/2 cup quinoa
1 large zucchini
1 bunch green asparagus
1 can of white beans
1/2 cup almonds
Salt & pepper
For the dressing:
3 tablespoon olive oil
Juice of 2 limes
Bunch of basil
1 clove of garlic
1. Cook the quinoa in double the amount of water. Allow it to cool and add to a big salad bowl.
2. While the quinoa is cooking, slice zucchinis thinly. Grill the zucchini and asparagus on the grill for 3-5 minutes.
3. Cut the asparagus into small pieces once cooled.
4. For the dressing, mix ingredients together in a food processor until smooth.
5. Toast almonds and chop them roughly. Add to quinoa, grilled vegetables and drained beans. Add the dressing and mix well.
This recipe is super simple, and once you try it, I assure you, it’ll become a staple.